Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Chapter 13:MI
Another way to teach to different intelligences is exhibited by Armstrong in this chapter. The author suggests using various software, and gives examples of a few of the many that exist that target specific learning intelligences. Another suggestion in this chapter is to give career counseling to students. I like this idea because explaining the different jobs allows kids to relate to their strongest intelligence and a possible future career they would be good at and can get excited about. This process would help students with their self-knowledge, especially at the adolescent stage, where the students are still trying to figure themselves out. Another message in this chapter is that culture and the environment around a student has an effect on intelligence. This is because different cultures nourish certain intelligences from a young age. I have never personally experienced how culture affects my intelligence, but it is something to keep in mind when I start teaching.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment