Monday, October 12, 2009
Chapter 6: MI
This chapter stressed that methods that are successful with one group or class may not always be successful with another. It gave examples of lessons that are targeted to each specific intelligences. As a teacher if I take any one of the examples, that means that it will only reach a select group of students, while leaving others unengaged. The idea is to combine all the intelligences in one lesson, so all students stay engaged and learn most effectively. What I think would be useful would be examples of combining intelligences in the lesson ideas. I realize that reaching every single student in one lesson would be very hard to do. I would aim to be as creative as possible to reach out to as many intelligences in one lesson as I can, if that is possible. Rather than making each lesson target different students. Because of this, I feel strongly that as a teacher my job is to be as creative as possible to cater to as many of the intelligences as possible in each lesson so that success can be reached by each individual student.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment