Monday, October 12, 2009

Ubd Di Chapter 7

Chapter seven is helpful in discussing how to cover the content with limited time usually given in the classroom. I like the method outlined in this chapter about using essential questions. Throughout the design of the unit we are creating in class, I have learned that the development of creative essential questions is an important part of gearing students minds to learning the appropriate information. I will use essential questions in my classroom as part of the introduction to the unit. Essential questions give meaning to each lesson because it gives the students the answer to where their learning will end up, and also gives teachers a a place to refer back to, in order to keep each lesson on track and stick to the big idea. The essential question in this idea is constantly repeated to frame the lessons, so students can relate one lesson the the others in the unit. I really took to the idea of using a series of lessons with in one unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment