Wednesday, October 14, 2009
chapter 9: UbD DI
This chapter discusses the backward design model, and how it works with differentiation. Tomlinson outlined an extensive example of a lesson outline that uses the backward design model. What was helpful was when the authors took lessons from the example and adjusted the lessons to differentiate the classroom according to different students needs. Mostly, from this chapter I was able to grasp a better understanding of how a unit planned with the backward design models ends up looking like, and how to adjust it to the needs of other students. As a result I better understand how a learning environment should look in an Understanding by Design and Differentiated Instruction classroom. Looking back I can remember teachers who outlined essential questions and ideas in the beginning with the introduction to the unit. However, if the class was having trouble understanding something, they would adjust their method or reinforce the idea in a different way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment