Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Chapter 7: MI

Armstrong goes deeper into his explanations of the eight multiple intelligences, and discusses how a teacher could use each one in different ways in the classroom. The chapter explains that just speaking does not necessarily work for a linguistic learner, because it matters how you say the words and the vocabulary that is used, because both have an effect on the meaning of what you say. The author offered the idea of creating different activity sections of the classroom that each target a different intelligence. This idea seemed a little elementary for a high school or middle school. Personally, I had this kind of set up kindergarten and first grade, and I feel as though that image would be conjured up by every high school student who walks into their classroom and sees this set up. The idea is interesting, but I find it hard to believe that it would work at a secondary level.

No comments:

Post a Comment