Monday, October 12, 2009

Chapter 5: MI

Chapter five outlined different tools and ideas for teaching to multiple intelligences. I took note that some of these ideas fit more easily into a classroom, in that they were basic ways of teaching, while others required more creativity. This made me wonder if my past teachers had all of this knowledge about multiple intelligences. I can't help but think that if my teachers had known and been more creative about incorporating different methods into their teaching that I would have been able to grasp some of the lessons I did not understand and never learned. The chapter begins by stating that children learn through experiences. In terms of myself as a learner, I find this to be true. In classes where I found meaning and was allowed to experience through projects or field trips I had more success. In other classes were teachers did not make an effort to create an experience for me I had difficulty. I aspire to be the teacher who creates experience and meaning for students.

No comments:

Post a Comment