Monday, October 12, 2009

Ubd Di Chapter 6

Chapter 6 discussed how to design a rich, challenging, and learning based curriculum. It gave the reader the key to designing a good curriculum based on the Understanding by Design and Differentiated Instruction theory. The key is focusing on important ideas, giving the lessons meaning, making the students think, allowing students to find knowledge for themselves, and eliminating the mystery of where the lesson is going. I will try and use this information when I create lesson plans myself. The chapter also discussed several questions that frequently arise from teachers. The answer the book gives for every question is that it takes experience to understand students and find patterns in what works and what doesn't. This impacts me because now I understand that teaching will be very difficult at first, and that once I am a working teacher my learning process is not over, I will always be learning about not only my subject, but about the students and patterns in human beings.

No comments:

Post a Comment